12 Cheap Date Ideas That Are Perfect For Winter
Being in a relationship doesn’t have to destroy your bank account
During a conversation last night, I spoke to a friend about the romantic nature of Christmas and the best ways to spend time with your partner during such a beautiful time of year.
After all, the beauty of being with loved ones in a variety of locations is something I’ve genuinely come to appreciate while living in Canada.
Whether it’s a lakeside walk, indoor skydiving, or anything else, there are hundreds of ways to spend quality time with your partner.
So what you will find below is a collection of my favorite ideas for a winter date. Each one of them improved my dating life, and I’m confident they’ll do the same for you. Let’s begin.
- Go Ice Skating Together. This is something I used to be nervous doing as I’ve seriously injured myself in the past. However, it’s so much fun for everyone involved so you’re sure to have a great time!
- Indoor Skydiving. Whenever I do this with someone, we always end up laughing for hours and talking about how it was an incredible experience. Search for local indoor skydiving venues on Google, and prepare for the time of your life!
- See the Holiday Lights. Every single downtown region across the country will have beautiful lights lit up for you to enjoy. It’s something free to do, which is just a short drive away.
- Make Pizza. Anybody who’s done this type of date will happily testify that they had a fantastic time (and got a bit messy). If you both love food, it’s a great way to spend time together during the holidays.
- Pretend You Have a Power Outage. Play truth or dare, have a deep conversation and eat as much food as you desire.
- Watch Christmas Movies. My personal favorites are The Grinch & Elf. Turn on the TV, grab some popcorn, and enjoy cuddling up on the sofa for a few hours.
- Go Sledding. Of course, this one works best in the snow. So when your town transforms into a winter wonderland, find a hill and enjoy sledding together!
- Visit a Local Attraction. Seeing local attractions covered in snow can be an absolutely incredible experience. For example, I enjoy going to Niagara Falls & the CN Tower in Toronto. But find somewhere you both love visiting and have a fantastic day.
- Check Out a Museum. Who said Museums have to be boring? If you want to escape from the cold, they’re a great way to pass the time and learn something educational.
- Plan a Summer Trip. With winter forcing most of us into hibernation, planning a summer trip can be a great way of looking forward to the future as a couple. Choose a warm location, plan what you want to do, and it’ll give you some motivation through the cold days!
- Build An Indoor Fort. If you’re anything like me, building forts is one of your favorite childhood memories. Grab some blankets, find some pillows, and have a fantastic day indoors under the sheets.
- Head To a Library (Or Bookstore). Great things happen in bookstores. So sit down, grab a hot coffee, and spend some time together reading good books.
Winter can be an excellent opportunity to spend time with your partner, strengthen your relationship, and enjoy amazing new experiences.
I’ll leave you with a beautiful quote from Marcus Aurelius, who speaks about the importance of spending quality time with your partner:
“Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.”